- What analysis should I perform to find out if the water I consume is drinkable or suitable for human consumption?
- A liter of water must be packaged in a plastic container, very clean. For microbiological analysis you need a sterile container or bag. You can contact us, and we will gladly send you information.
In our laboratory we also have the capacity to collect samples or provide you with the appropriate packaging and instructions so that you can take or collect them. We have professional staff and specialized equipment.
- 100mL. For the collection it is important to follow the instructions for sampling. You must use a sterile container and not contaminate it with your hands or other surface. Wear gloves. Request our sample collection instructions if you require any analysis.
- Yes, there is Government Agreement 236-2006 of the Ministry of Environment and Natural Resources (MARN), which establishes in stages the fulfillment of the limits required by parameter in wastewater. Read Government Agreement 236-2006.
- How many times a year does Government Agreement 236-2006 establish that the analysis of wastewater discharge must be carried out?At least twice a year.
- In some sectors of our country arsenic is found naturally, as part of our subsoil, due to its volcanic origin. Read our article on arsenic.
- Because an accredited laboratory has:
- Technical and professional personnel trained to carry out all the activities, from the collection of the sample and the analyses, to the preparation of the final report.
- Suitable equipment for the collection and analysis of the sample.
- Quality management system assessed by national and international organizations.
- Procedures to ensure the quality of analyses (interlaboratory comparisons, use of certified reference materials, replicates, fortified samples, and analysis of recoveries, among others)
- Read the article Reasons why an accredited laboratory should be used.
- Because we are an accredited laboratory, and we offer reliability, confidentiality, and quality in the results of analysis.
- Because currently, we provide services to companies with rigorous requirements in their quality system and environmental compliance, and that need the support of an accredited laboratory.
- In addition, we provide reliable results to companies that export their products to regions that require meeting international standards.
- Sugar processing plants
- Bottling plants
- Power generation
- Renewable sources
- Coffee processing plants
- Jewelry and metals
- Oil companies
- Industrial parks
- Exporting companies
- Shopping malls
- Service companies
- Public institutions
- Where could I find information on Guatemala's regulations regarding drinking water, wastewater, soil, sludge, and other related issues?
Below, you will find the national regulations for consultation or download in PDF:
- Government Agreement 164-2021. Regulation for the integral management of common solid waste.
- Government Agreement 229-2014. Occupational health and safety regulations.
- Ministerial Agreement 523-2013. Manual of specifications for the monitoring and control of the quality of water for human consumption.
- Government Agreement 12-2011. Regulation of wastewater discharges in Lake Atitlan basin.
- Government Agreement 178-2009. Regulation for the certification of the quality of water for human consumption in supply projects.
- Ministerial Agreement 1148-2009. Manual of sanitary standards that establish the processes and methods of purification of water for human consumption.
- Ministerial Agreement 105-2008. General manual of the regulation of the discharge and reuse of wastewater and the disposal of sludge.
- Government Agreement 236-2006. Regulation of discharges and reuse of wastewater and sludge disposal.